Sunday, August 14, 2011

Alec & Magnus

 So, I like Alec and Magnus. Although, between a Jace scene and an Alec and Magnus scene I'm Jace all the way. That doesn't mean that I don't like them or that I don't like gay characters. They are gay, good gor them.
  Anyway, so I just visited Cassandra's Clare blog and she has uploaded our bonus reward! The Alec & Magnus scene from City of Lost Souls. It's A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Like so good! Don't get me wrong I liked the Jace and Clary excerpts, but Jace in City of Lost Souls is not much of himself and it bothers and makes me a little sad at the same time.
Alec & Magnus seem in new adventures and they are together and it's so romantic and sweet and I'm so bubling when I should let see what I mean. I posted it here for you to read it, but don't say I didn't warn you. It's kind of spoilery and very ethistic. You are gonna hit your head on the keayboard after you read it, because I'm sure you're gonna want the whole book right now. Enjoy and leave your comments below!
   
 Alec dropped his witchlight. The light winked out, and he fell to his knees, scrabbling on the ground among the trash and the dirt, grit under his fingernails. At last something lit up before his eyes, and he rose to see Magnus standing before him, the witchlight in his hand. It shone and flickered with a strangely-colored light.

“It shouldn’t illuminate like that,” Alec said, automatically. “For anyone but a Shadowhunter.”

Magnus held it out. The heart of the witchlight was glowing a dark red, like the coal of a fire.

“Is it because of your father?” Alec asked.

Magnus didn’t reply, only tipped the runestone into Alec’s palm. As their hands touched, his face changed. “You’re freezing cold.”

“I am?”

“Alexander . . .” Magnus pulled him to his feet, and the witchlight flickered between them, its color changing rapidly. Alec had never seen a witchlight runestone do that before. He put his head against Magnus’ shoulder and let Magnus hold him. Magnus’ heart didn’t beat like human hearts did: it was slower, but steady. Sometimes Alec thought it was the steadiest thing in his life.

“Kiss me,” Alec said, tipping his head up; Magnus eyes were sad and shadowed, and unreadable.

Magnus put his hand to the side of Alec’s face and gently, almost absently, ran his thumb along Alec’s cheekbone. When he bent to kiss him he smelled like sandalwood. Alec clutched the sleeve of Magnus’ jacket, and the witchlight, held between their bodies, flared up in colors of rose and blue and green as their lips touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment